Hello Hello Hello! Wow 2018 already. I feel like I was just writing my 2017 hello blog. Whelp let us get into it. I have a LOT to talk about. Where should we start? I’m glad you asked! Let’s begin with my top 10 favorite reads of 2017 and then I will go into my top favorite series I completed in 2017.
- My Best Friend’s Exorcism by Grady Hendrix 5/5 – Review
- Doctor Sleep by Stephen King 5/5 – Review
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber 5/5 – Review
- We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson 4/5 – Review
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli 5/5 – Review
- Within These Walls by Ania Ahlborn 4/5 – Review
- Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab 5/5 – Review
- Misery by Stephen King 4/5
- Empire of Storms (TOG 5) by Sarah J Maas 5/5 – Review
- NOS4A2 by Joe Hill 5/5 – Review
Favorite series I finished in 2017:
- This Savage Song duology by Victoria Schwab. Ugh these books ripped me to pieces. August Flynn is my number one book boyfriend.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy by Sarah J Maas. This was such a fun and emotional ride. I can’t wait for the little spin-off short stories/novels she is working on
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. I read this series in a matter of like 2 weeks (and the includes reading Night Film in the middle of this series also). It was so fun! I enjoyed it a lot. I can’t wait to check out more of Rick’s books.
- Jesper Dent trilogy by Barry Lyga. O-M-G! This trilogy was amazing! I can’t believe it took me so long to read it. I have an unhealthy obsession with true crime. And while this is fictionalized the author did an amazing job at getting the characteristics of serial killers down. And also for mentioning actual real life serial killers in his books.
- The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. Seriously another trilogy that I can’t believe I waited so long to read. I had read the Six of Crows duology before this one. I wish I had read them the other way around. But I can always reread Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom!
Ok well that is it for favorite reads. Let us move on to life journeys. There is going to be a lot of changes for me in 2018. I am going back to work. I have my CNA (Nursing Assistant) license. I will be taking a couple of health related classes starting in January also. Then in March I will be submitting my application for the LPN course through Gordon Cooper Tech Center for fall 2018. Crossing my fingers I get in. Another big life changing event happening is I am getting divorced. I am fine. No worries. It was mutual. We won’t be filing papers until spring and I am hoping to move into my own place by then also. I am excited but also nervous. I do have a plan in place for what I want for my future. I may do another blog on that later down the road.
There will also be some changes to the blog. I will still be posting book stuff. I may not do monthly wrap-ups. Maybe do them every 3 months instead. I will still post book reviews as I read a book. I’m also going to be adding just everyday life stuff as well. I found this book at Barnes and Noble just before Christmas and I plan to use some of the prompts out of it for writing:
It has some really funny questions in it. I also want to do Flibbertigibbet Friday. (Flibbertigibbet is defined as an excessively talkative person). It will just be like a weekly wrap-up. Talk about life, books I finished, currently reading, if anything big happened that week. Basically just a place to vent lol. I don’t plan to change the name of my blog since I will still be talking about books. Is there anything you’d like to see my post on here?
Well now on to personal goals. I usually don’t set New Year Resolutions because I never stick to them. But I do have some goals I would like to accomplish by the end of 2018.
- Get a job (that will be an easy one and no choice but to complete)
- Apply to the LPN program and get accepted
- Learn to eat healthier. I don’t have a problem eating the right foods. It’s more of a portion control issue
- Complete the Weight Loss program of P90X3 (this one will kill me)
- Find a new place to live
- Start saving money to move
- Start working on a book with my sister Catherine. We are so excited about this.
- Go visit my Parabatai Sarah in Canada
That is all I have at the moment. I’m sure I will think of more goals throughout the year. I don’t plan on setting a reading goal this year on Goodreads. I want to go back to not worrying about a number and just read. Read for pleasure and for research. Catherine and I run a history blog, Discover and Conquer
I hope everyone has a fantastic 2018. I know for some of us it will be hard considering who is in the White House. But lets still try to make it the best we can.