So I own a ton of Christmas themed books but I haven’t read but a couple of them lol. I will get there eventually. But here is a list I complied of some of my favorite ones I have read that have a Christmas and/or winter theme. Some are scary books and some are not. If there is a review for that book I will link it.
- NOS4A2 by Joe Hill – So this has a slight Christmas theme. But not in the way you think. It’s not chalked full of bright and happy things. It’s dark and twisted and has a place called Christmasland. That you do NOT want to go to. I just read this book recently and it was amazing! I loved it. It became a top favorite of not only 2017 but of all time! NOS4A2 by Joe Hill review
- Misery by Stephen King – This one is not a Christmas themed but a winter themed book. I’m sure almost everyone has heard of this book and movie. If not it takes place in Colorado during a blizzard. Anne Wilkes is my favorite crazy villain ever! I just adore her. I read this one earlier in the year but I have not done a review for it yet. It will be part of a special new blog series I will be doing in 2018. So be on the lookout for that.
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys – This is another winter themed on. It’s a historical fiction novel based in Siberia during WWII. Honestly I never knew about the mass killings of Jews in that are also. When most people think of WWII they think of Hitler not Stalin. But he was just as ruthless. This was a sad story that needed to be told.
- The Shining by Stephen King – Another winter themed book. I really should try to read more Christmas themed books. This is a classic and I am sure I do not need to tell anyone what this book is about. I read this book last year. While I did enjoy it, it is not a favorite of mine. I did read the sequel and I actually enjoyed that more. But Jack is definitely a terrifying character and the whole winter blizzard in the mountains of Colorado make is even more spooky. I will admit I would love to be trapped in that hotel and take care of it during winter. Maybe without Jack as a helper. But I think it would be fun to just have some peace and work on writing and reading and myself for a winter. Looks like I didn’t write a review for this one either. I think this was read before I even started blogging.
Now these last two books I have not read yet but I absolutely adore the movies and I plan on reading the books in 2018….
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens – Everyone knows this one even if they have not read it. It’s a classic that will live on forever.
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott – Most people wouldn’t associate this one with Christmas/winter but I always do. It starts in the winter at Christmas time and for some reason always gives me Christmas feels. Same with how some people associate Harry Potter with Christmas time.
Well that’s it for me. What are some of your favorite reads during this time of year?
Leave a Reply