So I realized today that my 3 year blog anniversary is next month. While I have done life updates now and then my about me section needs some major updating. Over the last 3 years I have fallen in love with some different authors, books and genres. So let’s get started
Hello new followers! Thank you for checking me out and sticking around through all the ups and downs of my crazy life. I have been a reader for as long as I can remember. It started out with Boxcar Children, Sweet Valley High, Babysitters Club and Goosebumps. At the age of 13 or 14 I discovered true crime. My frist book was about the Zodiac Killer. I was hooked. I spent most of my teenage years reading those kinds of books. I also discovered Stepehen King. It was my Aunt that helped with that. She had a ton of his books and they always intrigued me when I was at her house. I honestly can’t remember which was my first King book. But I do remember starting with the Castle Rock books in my early 20s. Needful Things being my favorite! Anywho we will get more into favorite authors and books in a bit. So besides reading I am a HUGE history nerd. My sister from another misses, Cat, is my history partner. We can talk for hours. My dream job (and maybe one day it will happen) is to teach college level history and do research and field work with Cat being my assistant. While I love ALL history, Medival England/Scotland is my favorite to read and learn about. I also have an unhealthy obsession with things True Crime realted and have been for like 20 years now. I probably know more about serial killers/killers than most ‘normal’ people should know. But it’s all good. I like being the oddball. Let’s see, what else…ummm I love cats, I believe in aliens/UFOs, I believe unicorns were real at some point and who knows there could even be mermaids. Besides collecting books, I like to collect cookie jars, coffee mugs and postcards from around the globe. I like hiking, exploring new places, photography, floating down a river, book shopping, exploring museums and watching movies. That’s all I can think of to say about myself right now. So lets move on to some favorites.
- Authors: Joe Hill (who happens to be Stephen King’s son), Stephen King, Louisa May 0Alcott, Sarah J. Maas, Leigh Bardugo, Victoria (V.E.) Schwab, Marissa Meyer, Melissa Landers, Rainbow Rowell, Alison Weir and of course the one and only, J.K. Rowling.
- Books: Needful Things, NOS4R2, 11/22/63, Little Women, Throne of Glass series, The Lunar Chronicles series, Darker Shade of Magic trilogy, This Savage Song duology, Six of Crows duology, Grisha trilogy and many more.
- Color: Blue
- Season: Fall
- Food: Tacos
- Drink: Unsweet Ice Tea and coffee
- Holiday: Halloween and Cristmas
- Movies: The Goonies, Spaceballs, Harry Potter movies, Don Quixote
- Ice Cream: Mint Chocolate Chip and Rocky Road
- Football team: NFL: Packers and Lions; College: Michigan State
That’s all I can thinkg of at the moment. Want to know more just as in the comments below. Thanks for reading and I hope you stick around.